Today, we present you the healthiest mouthwatering butter chicken recipe. Well, paleo way of life is not meant to be limited, so you can swap some ingredients with healthier ones to make it better and healthier than the original recipe.
You can swap the rice with cauliflower ‘rice’, and you can include sweet potato, zucchini, pumpkin, asparagus, okra, and Asian water spinach.
Did You Know?
Butter chicken contains antioxidant-rich spices and healthy fats
You can modify the flavor a bit by adding veggies of choice, such as zucchini, asparagus, pumpkin, and eggplant
You can serve it with healthy flower or broccoli ‘rice’
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 400 ml can coconut cream
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 700 g chicken thigh fillets, (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Cauliflower Rice, to serve
- Take a saucepan and heat the coconut oil over medium heat
- Then, add the diced onion and cook for a few minutes
- Next, reduce the heat to low and add garlic, the spices, and the tomato
- Now, add the lemon juice, coconut cream, and salt
- Now, you can turn the heat to medium and simmer for 3-5 of minutes
- Add the chicken
- Mix well and cover the pan
- Cook for about 20 minutes
- Then, garnish with coriander and serve alongside with cauliflower rice
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower florets and put them into a food processor
- Use a frying pan to heat the coconut oil.
- Cook the cauliflower for a few minutes or until softened
- Season with pepper and salt
If you want, you can add sauces, veggies, seafood, meats, herbs, nuts, and seeds of choice.