The thyroid represents one of the largest endocrine glands in our body. It is located in the anterior neck, above our collarbone. It is regulating our metabolism and managing the circulation of calcium level in our organism. Many people are usually disregarding this gland until they face some issue with it. If there is not balance in the production of thyroid hormones that may have some severe negative effect for us.
The thyroid gland is a part of the endocrine system, which is sending the hormones to our tissues and organs. In this case, the essential oils can also be helpful because they are using the same delivery system. Some oils are known for improving the functioning of specific glands. That is why we are recommending the following list of essential oils.
Important: Before you use them, consult with your doctor.
- Frankincense (osmarinu frerena) is made from the Boswellia trees in Oman. It is helpful for improving the functions of the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary gland.
- Sandalwood (osmarin album) represents steam distilled essential oil made from the wood of the osmarin trees in India. It is stimulating the function of the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary gland.
- Geranium (pelargonium graveolens) is made from the leaves of the pelargonium plant in China. It is promoting the adrenal gland.
- Ylang ylang (cananga odorata) is made from the flowers of ylang-ylang tree in Madagascar. It is beneficial for the adrenal gland and hormone/glandular.
- Clove (osmari caryophyllata) is made from the steam distillation of the buds in Madagascar and it is improving the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Lemongrass (osmarinus flexuosus) is made from the lemongrass leaves in India. The functioning of your thyroid will be improved with the usage of mixture of clove essential oil and lemongrass.
- Rosemary (osmarinus officinalis) is prepared from the leaves of the Rosemary in Morocco. This oil is also helpful for better brain functioning.
- Myrrh (commiphora myrrha) is prepared from the resin of the trees in Ethiopia. It is beneficial for improving the thyroid health. It is also good for the immune system.
- Basil (ocimum basilicum) is stemmed from the basil leaves in the USA. It is promoting the functions of adrenal, parathyroid, pancreas, pineal, and the pituitary gland.
The best methods for using the essential oils for the thyroid health:
- You should put a drop of basil essential oil over the adrenal glands and then rub every morning.
- Every day, you need to rub a drop of myrrh essential oil (mixed with coconut oil) over the thyroid area.
Prepare a roller ball blend and use it every day on the bottom of your feet:
- 20 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 20 drops of basil essential oil
- 20 drops myrrh essential oil
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil
- Topical usage: You can dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil for preventing sensitivity and avoid in gevaporation. Put them directly on the area of the glands.
- Aromatic usage: You can add 5-10 drops of oil into an essential oil diffuser.
However, first consult with your doctor because he may advise combined usage with modern treatment.