Every woman dreams of having long, healthy shiny hair. Natural treatments offer various advantages. In this article we’re going to present you the most effective home remedies for hair growth.
But, first you should be aware of the common hair care mistakes:
- Skipping heat protection;
- Using hot irons on damp hair;
- Intense towel drying (toss out the towel and use an old t-shirt instead);
- Brushing the ends only (in order to keep it healthy you need to brush your hair correctly).
- You should avoid using elastics and barrettes that pull on your hair;
- Do not use head styling when possible;
- Keep dry hair hydrated with some conditioner;
- You must take care of your hair after straightening;
- By drinking a lot of water you can treat dry, rough and wavy hair;
- When detangling your hair, utilize your fingers or a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush in order to prevent breakage and preserve the shape of your curls;
Hair Growth Cycle:
During its growth the hair goes through 3 stages:
- The Anagen stage – In this stage the hair growth is actually seen. The lengthening happens due to follicles which divide.
- The Catagen stage – In this phase the hair growth stops and the hair shaft is pushed up nearby the surface while the follicle shrinks.
- The Telogen phase – This phase lasts around 2-4 months and is called resting phase. Once this phase is over, the hair starts to grow again.
Note: Because of hormonal imbalance, excessive stress and unhealthy diet the hair growth starts to slow down.
Effective Home Remedies for Hair Growth:
Onion juice contains great amount of sulfur which accelerates collagen production in the tissue. This is the oldest natural cure and definitely the most effective for hair growth:
- Chop red onions into small pieces.
- Obtain juice by squeezing them.
- After applying it on the scalp, wait for 15 minutes.
- Use mild shampoo to rinse the scalp.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
The apple cider vinegar cleans the scalp and maintains the pH balance. This results with accelerated hair growth.
- First, you need to wash your hair.
- To obtain 1L of solution- add 75ml of apple cider vinegar in 1L of water.
If you want to make smaller amount- add 15 ml of apple cider vinegar in warm filtered water.
- Use this cup of water after washing the hair.
Most people are not familiar with beneficial properties of potato juice. Potato is rich in Vitamin C, A and B which are important for hair growth.
- Put potatoes in a juicer.
- Apply the potato juice on the scalp.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with a mild shampoo.
Egg is rich in sulfur, selenium, iodine, zinc, phosphorous and iron. It contain proteins which help in hair growth.
- Use one egg white.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Mix it until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply it gently on the whole hair.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- First rinse with cool water, then use shampoo.
This is widely used remedy. It accelerates the hair growth and protects the hair’s natural color.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the fenugreek paste.
- Then, add 2 teaspoons of coconut milk in the paste.
- Put it on your whole hair and scalp.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with a mild shampoo.
From dry and lifeless henna pack makes the hair shiny and silky and even adds color. It helps the hair growth as it makes the hair roots stronger.
- Make a mixture of 1 cup of dry henna powder and ½ cup of yogurt.
- Apply it on the entire hair (from its roots to hair ends).
- Leave the mixture until it is dried completely.
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
Cayenne pepper is rich in Capsaicin. It activates the nerves and increases the blood flow in the scalp. This results with increased absorption of nutrients and improved hair growth.
- Make a mixture with 1 teaspoon of pepper powder and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Apply it on the area where the hair is thin.
- Rinse with cold water.
Indian gooseberry (amla):
Amla is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which are two highly important nutrients that strengthen hair and improve hair color.
- Make a mixture from 2 teaspoons of amla powder or juice with 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
- Put it on your scalp properly and wait until it is dried.
- Wash the hair with warm water.
It is rich in potassium, iron, and essential fats and that is why it helps in hair growth and prevents breakage.
- Obtain the milk of a coconut.
- Apply it on the affected areas.
- Keep it overnight.
- Wash with cold water the next day.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, it prevents hair loss and boosts hair growth.
- Apply warm green tea (on the whole scalp).
- Wait for an hour.
- Wash with cold water.
Cumin seeds are rich in numerous nutrients and various vitamins which are beneficial for hair care.
- Put cumin seeds in olive oil or castor oil.
- Leave them soaked overnight.
- The next morning, apply the mixture on the affected areas.
- After 15 minutes rinse with a mild shampoo.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family as you can help someone in need. Thanks.