If you are experiencing problems with the liver, the chances of other serious diseases impacting the overall body are increased.
This is a result of the fact that the liver helps the protein formation with the use of vitamin K. These proteins are of key importance in blood clotting. Another vital function of the liver is breaking down damaged or old blood cells.
Furthermore, the liver has a role in every metabolic process that happens in the body; its cells are responsible for breaking down fat and producing energy in a fat metabolism. A well-known quality of the liver is being able to heal itself. Therefore, is of great importance to preserve its health. Usually, the liver can be harmed as a consequence of a poor diet, overweight, overuse of alcohol, and particular medicines.
How can the health of the liver be improved?
For a long time, tamarind has formed part of the conventional Asian and African healing methods. It is a well-known fact that it can improve the health of the cardiovascular system, as well as calm the gastrointestinal distress.
In addition, it is used for treating practically every liver disease and in addition to cleansing the overall body, it has the ability to get rid of the excessive amount of fat from the liver. Furthermore, it can improve digestion, provide protection for the liver, reduce cholesterol levels, as well as treat bile-associated problems.
How can hepatitis and fatty liver be treated?
- 2 handfuls of peeled tamarind
- 1 liter of water
Place the tamarind in a food processor and afterwards add the water. Blend for several minutes and after that strain the resulting mixture into a glass.
It should be consumed throughout the day.
How is tamarind tea prepared?
You will need:
- 25 cleaned tamarind leaves
- 1 liter of water
Place the leaves in a pot that you have previously filled with water and bring the ingredients to a boil. Keep boiling it for 15 minutes. After that, take it away from the heat and let it cool down.
Consume the tea unsweetened, even though you can add some brown sugar or all-natural honey if you are not able to drink it unsweetened. Have one cup in the mornings and one at night.
Other health beneficial properties of tamarind
- Helps treat constipation- bring some tamarind fruit to a boil and take a couple of tablespoons for instantenous relief.
- Lowers the acidity levels in the body.
- Treats dysentery.
- Alleviates malarial fever; consume tamarind tea made with fresh tamarind leaves.
- Possesses anti-oxidant qualities- it can protect the health of the gums, and the vitamin C preserves the functions of the body.
- Lowers the bad cholesterol levels.
- Battles infections of the digestive tract infections in children.
- The anti-oxidants present in tamarind, narigenin and phenols, are thought to aid in the fight against certain cancer types.
- Tamarind represents a super fruit because it contains iron, thiamin, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, niacin, and calcium.